Senior Systems Accountant
Accounting and Finance
February 5, 2024
- Newly Created Role with NZX Listed Company
- Thrive in a Fast-Paced Growth Business
- Fantastic Team Culture & Great Benefits
Ryman is one of New Zealand’s fastest growing employers and has grown to be the largest retirement village operator in New Zealand. Operating 45 villages in both New Zealand and Australia, with 14 new villages under construction and 11 additional sites in their landbank, Ryman employs more than 7,200 team members.
Ryman is a big company, that feels more like a family business, and they love to challenge the status quo. They hire people who demonstrate passion, kindness and who know how to work as part of a team. No egos, no hidden agendas, just good people working hard to make the company great. A career at Ryman really has no limits, if you’re the best at what you do and think you have the pioneering spirit needed to make a difference at Ryman, we’d love to hear from you.
About The Role
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this newly created role offers an exciting opportunity for you to really make a difference. The Senior Systems Accountant will bring fresh new ideas, and a high level of initiative and drive, to establish a strategy to ensure Ryman’s financial systems, processes and data integrity are managed successfully.
With Ryman’s enhanced focus on systems and process throughout the business, you will drive the continuous improvement and automation of systems, while ensuring the finance team has a subject matter expert to make sure any business-wide projects achieve an optimum outcome for finance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Technology team and external Consultants to manage Ryman’s financial systems and software, including supporting upgrades and enhancements
- Becoming the expert on the various system interfaces and educating on best practice
- Consulting with the Group and Regional Finance teams and end-users to determine the needs of the financial systems, and ensuring continuous improvement is achieved
- Optimising the use of the finance forecasting and scenario modelling tool and develop testing plans for any changes
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data, including setting up and maintaining system reconciliations
To be considered, you will have proven experience in a similar role where you have developed your accounting & finance skills further to become an expert in managing the way ERP systems, processes and automation affects financial reporting and data integrity. You will have the ability to look at the big picture and consider the impact of any changes on both the finance team and the wider business. You will be a problem solver and will bring a “can-do” attitude, along with the ability to communicate respectfully and openly with the rest of the business. A sense of humour and a driven attitude are essential to the success of this role.
What’s in it for you?
Ryman’s people are their biggest asset. They not only want to find the best people, but make sure they grow and stay with them. As well as exciting work, a supportive team environment, and a strong focus on work life balance, Ryman offers:
- Ongoing support for professional development and career profession opportunities
- Additional wellbeing leave and flexible working arrangements
- Access to over 60 discounts with well-known brands across a variety of sectors including health and wellbeing, banking, insurance, and retail
- Social club events, furry Friday's (bring your dog to work), free yoga classes
- Free gym membership for onsite gym
- Convenient Ryman owned onsite café (Pioneers Café) with subsidised coffee and delicious food options
For more information, please contact Kerri Jennings.